There’ll be peace in the valley … household, neighborhood, church, nations world -
at least if DAPC can do anything about it and it will begin at the Table of Peace where we celebrated World Communion & Peacemaking Sunday! All We Are Saying Is Give Peace A Chance!
… All We Are Saying Is Give Us A Chance!
- We sang of Peace – Let There Be Peace On Earth andThis Is My Song (Finlandia).
- We thanked God for the Peacemakers we have known.
- We came to the Peace Table to receive Communion.
- We looked in the Peace Mirrors – constructed at the September Gather Event* – to look at where Peace begins.
- We relished the peaceful harmonies of the DAPC Choir – returning for the first time following summer hiatus.
- We placed our Peace Post-Its on the Peace Pole as prayers for the places we want peace to prevail.
- We rededicated our Peace Pole, adding 4 new languages yearning for Peace: Lakota - a first language for Minnesota; Arabic and Hebrew – languages representing the Middle Eastern Conflicts; Somali – one of our more recent Minnesotan languages.
- We re-committed our lives and congregation to the Presbyterian Peacemaking Pledge.
- We prayed for the peace of healing and strength for BR. Glenn Neske – awaiting test results; Jayden Gagner– having surgery on Friday; Elona & David’s brother Joe Lacey beginning treatment for mesothelioma.
- We enjoyed the peaceful offertory music from our new M.O.M --- Miryana!
- And we ate …Peacefully … another of our world (or at least regionally) famous DAPC potlucks!
Oh, yes: the Communion Meditation had something to do with being Peacemakers in today’s world.
Just off hand, I’d say Peace has a really good chance around here
… and anything that is not of peace – violence, war, hatred, greed, the litany of “isms” – doesn’t stand a chance! Amen!
Blessings and … PEACE!
· *please sign up for the next Gather Event: October 17, 1-3 pm
– Celebrating the Saints (not the team!) – come dressed as your favorite saint!
- fun, food, faith, crafts and community!