What are the words for Sunday’s worship time:
· Sister Sunday [thank you wordsmith Laura Hutton!] … yes, Laura’s sister ____ was visiting from Alabama, Kathy Lawhead’s sister Maureen – and a Pew-full of other family – were visiting from California, and Jim Vellenga’s sister Joan was visiting from Virginia … and clothing Center volunteer, Aileene Vann shared that all these sisters made her think of her twin sister, who has also volunteered in the clothing center
· Visitor Sunday … yes [ see Sister Sundayabove] AND the Fortune family [former neighbors of the Sanders] - Greg, Evelyn, Arrianna & Jackson [yes that’s TWO Jackson’s @ DAPC!] came to see if everything they had heard about DAPC was true!
· Hot & Sweaty … yes our A/C has never really worked all that well, of course it was never installed, which may explain a lot
· Joy - Full … yes, Lucy Huppert’s music, especially the new piece she taught us, assisted quite ably by Peter & Chris Knapp, was wonderful as was all the music of the day
· Touched By Sadness … yes, It’s not easy to say good bye, and Sunday we were very aware of Jim Vellenga’s absence from our time of worship together
· Healing … yes, and it came in doses of tears, of hearty hugs, kind touches, wonderful stories and loving listening
· Resurrection … yes, this is the core of our faith, the message we share with one another as we live it in the world around us!
In the end it was a day of the Spirit’s palpable presence, thanks to all whom added their spiritual gifts to the gathering of God’s people: Lucy, Peter & Chris of music; Ernest Lloyd for powerful lay- leadership, Peter Knapp again for one of his marvelous children’s messages and to the entire congregation for its love, care, trust and oneness! Oh, yeah … Thank You God and Thank You Jesus!