It was a quiet week At DAPC … a quiet Sunday of the Spirit – a time of peace, centering, faith proclaimed and centering on the things of God in our lives. It was also a time of celebration and Rejoicing!
· Reports of family visits, good medical care and treatment, the joys of children preparing for school
· The uplifting music of our guest musicians, the House of God Praise Band, who taught us three new hymns and introduced us to a Hmong Hymn for our Special Music! Thank you one and all!
· We had visitors! One returning to DAPC for the first time in 50 years … welcome home Alice! And Miryana Moteva (a Saint Paul friend of Ira Weatherspoon) and her mother Milenya, visiting from Bulgaria! Truly fitting recipients for the “came the longest distance to worship” – in space and time - awards!
· We had another wonderful lesson for our children, and the child within us all, drawn from Cindy Jesson’s family vacation history!
· We had Good News –
o The Gospel lesson from Mark 7 … of course! (extra points for identifying Jesus’ confrontation with a group of Pharisees regarding the disciples failure to wash their hands and Jesus’ reply, “it is not things from the outside the body that defile us, but the things that come from the inside”).
o The final sale of the second Rainbow Park lot on Thursday the 27th! Hallelujah & Amen!
o The return of Potluck/Communion Sunday … Beginning again for a new season of savory & spiritual sustenance NEXT SUNDAY! Hot dogs will be provided, please bring “Picnic Sides”, good appetites and the appropriate amount of Joy to top off the occasion!
· We continued to schedule our Church Directory photo sessions* set for the end of September and we collected school supplies to be distributed through Community of Peace Academy and the Department of Indian Work.
* do it online – look for link on DAPC website - if you have not done so already! If you feel uncomfortable doing it online, call the office and Chuck will register you.
It was a time of the Spirit Sunday. A time of quieting our hearts, lifting our voices, embracing our Sisters and Brothers and opening our souls to God and to one another!
Please pray this week for –
· The church families that have suffered loss in the recent past: the Vellenga’s one and all, grieving Jim’s death; Sally Maghakian O’Keefe, her family and the O’Keefe’s following the death of Sally’s husband Pat.
· Lupe Trevino as she anticipates several more Doctor visits and tests.
· Dean and Betty Pearson’s sister in Montana, who was evacuated from her home last week due to the dangers of wildfire.